Friday, August 24, 2007

(6) WE FOLLOWED THE BUILDING TRADE TO COTTAGE GROVE, OREGON

My father expertise was home building. Like Elvis Presley's father, Vernon, my father had to travel for work quite a bit. When I was about ready to start high school we moved from Murphy, North Carolina to Cottage Grove, Oregon following a building trade boom.

My brother Junior had a Fender TM guitar - the best! He taught me to play. I idolized my brother Junior. He had a Country Western band that played all around Oregon and had a deep voice like Tennessee Ernie Ford. Junior loved to sing "Dark as a Dungeon."

My daydreams as a teenager were about joining Junior's band, making out with girls, and driving fast cars. I loved speed! I had a few accidents that shook me up but I always walked away without a scratch.

Link above to Tennessee Ernie Ford's official web site, so you can read up a bit on him.

No comments: