Wednesday, August 29, 2007

(13) ACTORS STUDIO : LEE STRASBERG & JAMES DEAN & MARLON BRANDO

United Artists had me audition with Lee Strasberg at the famous Actors Studio in New York City, where James Dean and Christine White and Marlon Brando had studied acting.
Stasberg accepted me and I began to take Method Acting classes. He reported to United Artists that I was "a natural."

I was strong and muscular from home building and I actually thought I was more a Marlon Brando type than a James Dean type. Marlon had taken Method Acting but then switched over to studying with Stella Adler.

I was being groomed to play James Dean in a bio pic, they would call it today, about his life.

Link above to the OFFICIAL WEB SITE OF THE STRASBERG THEATRE INSTITUTE!

http://www.marlonbrando.com
OFFICAL WEB SITE OF MARLON BRANDO!

The Official Web Site of Marlon Brando has links to his biography, pictures and much more.

No comments: