Saturday, August 18, 2007

August 18th 2007 The 30th ANNIVERSARY of ELVIS PRESLEY's DEATH !

Friends,30 years ago on August 16th, I was driving down the Hollywood Freeway when the news that Elvis Presley had died came out of the radio. I was shocked. I had to pull over to the side of the road and I cried like a baby.

Elvis was one of the best friends I ever had.

A lot of people have claimed the same, and some of them are confusing business relationships with friendship or simply met him once. I was friends with Elvis from 1957, when I met him in Memphis, to 1977 when he died - twenty years.

Our friendship was never mixed up with money.

I was never his employee, on payroll or otherwise.

I never asked for or took a loan from Elvis.

But as a friend I always knew that if anything bad happened to me and I needed help he would be there for me.

And through the years he gifted me a few things - no never a car - but the point is the gift of Elvis Presley's friendship meant everything to me - and it lasted because we had a lot in common, beginning with being born and raised in the South.

I've had a life and career that enterwinned with some of the music greats and was profoundly effected by my youthful resemblence to the late great actor, James Dean. In this blog I hope to share a lot of that with you!

You may love Elvis or hate him, but I would love to hear from you! How has Elvis Presley effected your life?

Talk to you soon!

Wes Bryan

No comments: