Monday, August 20, 2007

(2) THE CHEROKEE SCOUT NEWSPAPER : MURPHY NORTH CAROLINA

Linda Miller, a reporter for The Cherokee Scout in Murphy North Carolina interviewed me a few years back. I was honored to be the subject of article called "FROM THE HILLS OF MURPHY TO THE HOLLYWOOD HILLS." The article recounted my discovery as the Next James Dean, and had pictures of me looking like Dean, as well as my version of Marlon Brando, pictures I took back about 1957-1958.

Mayor Billy Hughes says he'll award me the Keys To The City when I get back home, and it's always on my mind. Life keeps intruding on my plans to go. But it's like old times when Billy and I talk.

The Smokey Mountains are rich with excellent musicians. People there have a long memory. But I'm still surprised to learn that I'm still a star in Murphy.


THE CHEROKEE SCOUT

No comments: