Wednesday, September 19, 2007

(30) LONDON RECORDS puts out "Lonesome Love"

From time to time something related to me or my career - a magazine, a record, a signed photograph, something shows up on the e-Bay auctions or at a record collector's on the Internet. Once in a while I'm suprised to see what's out there on the market and I admit I watch the prices...
A few years ago I had no idea I had any web presence at all, and as I mentioned in a previous post, now there are a lot of Wes Bryan's to sort through to find me, the one born in Murphy, North Carolina in the late 1930's. So Christine Trzyna, my writing partner, and me decided to blog and take a bit of responsibility for what you might read about me.

When I was twenty and launched my career with United Artists Records I trusted my management to do right by me. I was living a planes, trains, and automobiles kind of existence, traveling constantly, touring all over the country, particularly in the markets that seemed to enjoy me - a country boy at heart - the best. I always wanted to go to England, like the Everly Brothers had.

Well LONDON RECORDS put out "Lonesome Love" and "Tiny Spaceman," in the British Isles in 1958, testifying, I think to how long a hit took to get across the Big Pond. I think the one sided "demo" version for radio play that came up on e-Bay recently of another of my songs may be a collectors item because even I don't have a copy!


LINKING HERE TO GLOBAL DOG PRODUCTIONS LONDON RECORDS DISCOGRAPHY which shows my record came out in April 1958.

No comments: