Monday, January 19, 2009

(229) WAIT FOR ME BABY on UNITED ARTISTS

"Wait For Me Baby," the flip side of "Freeze" was well received by my audiences, but it was along for the ride when "Freeze" sold the record to Gold in 1958.

(The song Freeze was co-written by a woman I met in Akron, Ohio while I was living there. She gave me the lead sheets. I took them to New York and made my own demo of the song, then presented it to United Artists, suggesting I record it on their label.)

At this time I was promoting my music career while United Artists groomed me to be the actor who would play James Dean in a biopic about his life - and take over where he had left off as an actor. Those were some big shoes to fill and I don't think anyone has yet managed to.

UPDATE 2011 : A YouTuber posts WAIT FOR ME BABY



No comments: