Tuesday, January 13, 2009

(226) DICK CLARK - THE WORLD'S OLDEST TEENAGER - and FREEZE

Hello everyone - we're baaack!

Every New Years Eve, when the ball drops on Times Square during the countdown to the new year in New York, I think of my time back in New York, early in my career, as the first artist signed to United Artists records.

I think of DICK CLARK, and his American Bandstand, where I first hit with "Tiny Spaceman" in 1957. Dick has been called "The World's Oldest Teenager!"

Dick has hosted New York -Times Square New Years Eve television shows for years. And a couple years ago he had a stroke. He's a workaholic and when I heard he had the stroke I thought - oh not Dick - he'll get up and work again as soon as he can. Dick has made brief appearances on television and his recent appearance on the New Years Eve show proved my point. He's gaining on improving his speech since the stroke and he needs to be where the action is.

I was on the Dick Clark American Bandstand show a second time to promote my second record on United Artists, "Freeze." The flip side is "Wait For Me Baby." Freeze was my second Gold record. Ben Alexander was the saxophonist.


No comments: