Tuesday, June 1, 2010

DENNIS HOPPER - THE LOS ANGELES TIMES OBIT

DENNIS HOPPER was an actor I met in New York City. He was one of the guys I went to the coffee houses to hear BOB DYLAN play at back in the day. He had a role in REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE that James Dean starred in and after James Dean had passed away and I was being promoted as the Next James Dean, Dennis was one of the actors who wanted to meet me. He was really nice to me in New York and again when I moved to Los Angeles. I saw him out in Malibu and he gave me his home phone number. I gave him a call.

At the time I met Dennis Hopper in New York, he dressed conservatively and you might never have guessed he would become famous for portraying rebels or be considered a rebel himself from his exterior. HE WAS A STRAIGHT LACED IVY-LEAGUER TYPE just as George Hamilton IV was.

Wes Bryan

We're linking to the Los Angeles Times Obit for our readers around the country and the world can hear what his home town newspaper had to say about him

No comments: