Friday, June 11, 2010

(314) ELVIS and ANN-MARGRET SOUL MATES

Because of my full time, LA-based job with American Music, I didn't travel back to Graceland TM with Elvis when he went there between films. What went on there I heard from the guys, the ones who were my friends.

(The Entourage, sometimes called The Memphis Mafia, was an everchanging group of employees over the years by the way. Some stayed longer than others. Elvis had other friends, close friends, who were not The Entourage.)

In Los Angeles when I saw Elvis Presley and Ann-Margret together - well - at very first I didn't know that Elvis had Priscilla, the girl he introduced me to in 1962 as his girlfriend at a party, despite all the other women he dated, living in Memphis with him.

Elvis and Ann-Margret made Viva Las Vegas together and continued to see each other for some time thereafter. Ann has published her own memoir and continues to uphold the memory of Elvis.

To this day I think - as they did - that they were soul mates.




No comments: