Tuesday, March 18, 2008

(122) SEXY CO-STARS ? / ELVIS' POLICY ABOUT WOMEN!

In 1960 Elvis made two movies. At Paramount Pictures he made "G.I. Blues" with the beautiful dancer - actress - singer, Juliet Prowse as his co-star, and at Twentieth Century Fox he made "Flaming Star," in which Barbara Eden was featured. (We previously blogged on these films and you can click in our links area to the left and go right to sites that give you more information about the films and the stars!) I can testify that Juliet and Elvis were involved but I can't say for sure about Barbara.

Rumors, rumors, and more rumors.

Over time so many women have claimed to have had affairs with Elvis that I've come to believe that the fact that he went on to Eternal Life years ago and can't speak for himself has created a situation in which anyone can claim anything. In my book I go on a bit more than I will here about this. He was no Saint and neither was I but the fact remains only so much is humanly possible.

I often wonder if Elvis were alive what he would say in response to claims that have been made.

I think some of it would upset him and depress him yet my friend did have a good sense of humor, even a self-depreciating one at times, and he loved a good practical joke and was behind a lot of them.

As I mentioned previously here on this blog, Elvis had a policy that the Entourage and close friends of his followed: "Hands Off" Elvis' women! And there were beautiful women at the house - everywhere. To know who Elvis was very interested in, who to stay "Hands Off" with, you had to be an insider. The policy went the other way too. If Elvis had it for a woman and she slept with someone else in his close circle first he usually gave up on her instantly.

Elvis' policy was about loyalty and trust.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog site! Love your music in Australia!
"Memphis" Mike
"Voice of Sydney."