Thursday, March 13, 2008

(120) ELVIS' HOME MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME & THE ENTOURAGE

Working for Elvis could be round the clock, odd hours, long hours, and traveling. It was hard on a man's personal life, his marriage, especially because of the perks and benefits like having beautiful women over to the house so often, the parties. Members of the entourage enjoyed the life of a millionare along with Elvis.

The entourage wasn't the same men through the years. Some men stayed with Elvis from beginnings of his career to his death while others moved on to other jobs or came and went. I suggested a couple men that Elvis hired.


I wasn't one of The Entourage. I can understand that this idea of who or who wasn't in it is confusing. Yes, I was there with them a lot in the early to mid 1960's. The relationships, living with Elvis, paid or not paid to work, could be familial. But I had my own work, singing, songwriting, and eventually producing music. I never actually worked for Elvis Presley and as a result my friendship with him never suffered from the issue of money.

During the Los Angeles party years my social life and therefore my private life and Elvis' were woven together. I stayed hands off the women he called his "girlfriends." He stayed hands off the women who were mine.

But I always knew that if I ever got into real trouble, Elvis would help me.

No comments: