Sunday, February 17, 2008

(114) WINK MARTINDALE - AN OLD FRIEND TO COUNT

Wink Martindale ! He's a truly nice man. Most people know him as a television game show host but he started in radio at the age of 16 in his home town of Jackson, Tennessee.

I met him in 1957 the very night I met Elvis. I was performing on his Dance Party Show in Memphis Tennessee while on a tour for United Artists performing Lonesome Love. In 1961 when I had moved to Los Angeles and was promoting my song "Melodie D' Amour" I was on his KCOP television show, channel 13... Wink was there when Elvis and I met and began our friendship. I haven't seen him in a long, long time but I count him and his wife Sandy as old friends.

Wink has his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.


Link above to his official site WINK MARTINDALE'S WORLD!

No comments: