Monday, October 29, 2007

(60) CARL PERKINS : THE ORIGINAL BLUE SUEDE SHOES

Another inspiration for me when I was performing on the Buddy Knox tour was Rockabilly artist Carl Perkins.

I met Carl Perkins the day that I played on Wink Martindales, in Memphis, in the fall of 1957. I was supposed to be on another show with him, a show that belonged to Dewey Phillips, but when Elvis invited me to Graceland TM, I went off with him without thinking, and skipped the show. As a result Carl Perkins did four songs instead of two, to cover my absence!

Anyone who was into Rockabilly and the brand new Rock and Roll, had to know Carl Perkins, the original "Blue Suede Shoes." I covered that song as part of my show on the Buddy Knox tour. It was one of the few songs I covered that Elvis also covered but then again, so did Eddie Cochran and a whole lotta other performers.

Rockin Country Style Discography - Carl Perkins
RCS DISCOGRAPHY CARL PERKINS


Rockabilly Hall of Fame - Carl Perkins
ROCK A BILL HALL OF FAME - CARL PERKINS

Link above to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME - CARL PERKINS

No comments: