Tuesday, October 23, 2007

(55) I INTRODUCE GEORGE HAMILTON IV and BUDDY KNOX

George Hamilton IV was a lanky farm boy about my age and from my neck of the woods, Winston-Salem, North Carolina. He had a song called "A Rose and a Baby Ruth" that I especially liked.

I had the pleasure of introducing George Hamilton IV and Buddy Knox. Buddy and I were visiting my dad when he lived in Winston-Salem and we went to the Greyhound station which had a giant coffee shop where all the kids used to sit around and listen to the jukebox. I used to hang out there myself when I lived in the area. It was the place to be.

It was about midnight when I called George from the payphone and woke him up. When he heard I had Buddy Knox with me, he raced to dress and came right down. The two men enjoyed each other's company. In fact the three of us stayed there drinking coffee and talking for about six hours!

I have to admit one of the perks of being a bit famous for me was being able to introduce people who wanted to meet each other. Sometime later I brought Buddy Knox to visit Elvis at his home in Los Angeles. Buddy and Elvis had met briefly while both were in the army and stationed at Fort Hood but a home visit was something else, and Elvis even answered the door himself and saluted Buddy on the way in.


Here's an Rockin' Country Style discography for George Hamilton IV.

George Hamilton IV is still touring today...
NEW LINK TO NEW GEORGE HAMILTON the 5th Vegas site linked above!
January 12, 2011

No comments: