Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DICK CLARK PASSES AT 82: IT WAS GREAT TO HAVE KNOWN YOU!

Gary Levin of USA Today with the breaking news. Dick Clark, "The World's Oldest Teenager" suffered a massive heart attack this morning, after 8 years of rehabilitating from his stroke in 2004. Click on the title to get to that article...

http://www.rockhall.com/inductee/dick-clark ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME DICK CLARK

FROM OUR ARCHIVES: (15) I APPEAR ON DICK CLARK'S AMERICAN BANDSTAND September 7, 2007

I moved to New York City officially, but United Artists put me on the road to success in the music business - a record promo tour. One of my first appearances was on Dick Clark's American Bandstand, out of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I performed a novelty song called "Tiny Spaceman." Clark's set designer had a little spaceship whirling around my head. Futuristic notions of traveling in space were popular then and so were novelty songs. But I have to admit, I couldn't imagine James Dean singing it.


No comments: