Thursday, February 2, 2012

WE CELEBRATE EARLY ROCK AND ROLL PIONEERS : BUDDY HOLLY, RITCHIE VALENS, J.P. RICHARDSON

PhotobucketTomorrow, the 3rd, is the day some call "THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED" because its the anniversary of the plane crash that killed three early rock' n rollers who were on tour together. I met Buddy Holly in New York and I was on tour with Buddy Knox when the plane crashed. I also got to record with a couple of the Crickets left behind backing me.

So I was there and shocked like everyone else in my early rock 'n roll generation. Of course the music didn't really die. So many others carried on the music.

For the last couple years here at WES BRYAN - MY LIFE IN MUSIC, we've tried to post some videos that we think are special as our celebration and we always link to sites that can give you more information, as a kind of tribute to these musicians, these singer-songwriters.

We're going to post over a three day period, starting tomorrow, on Buddy, Ritchie, and J.P Richardson.

Wes

No comments: