Thursday, March 10, 2011

RARE OPPORTUNITY TO HEAR MY SONG FREEZE

Friends, Christine just alerted me to an e-bay auction of a promo copy (for DJ's) of my second record on United Artists, called Freeze. We've been watching Youtube for this, but it turns out an auctioneer has posted most of the song on a sample. Click on the title above and you'll get to this link. We don't know how long it will stay up so seize the moment! Wes





The saxophonist was BEN ALEXANDER. Ben and I practiced the song, over and over again, at his place in Harlem, then went into the studio. I thought his playing pushed this song over the top. I played the song on Dick Clark American Bandstand (my second live appearance on the show). The song inspired a dance craze across the nation and ended up giving me my second Gold. Freeze was also THE FIRST SONG I WROTE (with writing partner and friend Don Darcel) that became a record!

UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2011: Here is Freeze from one of our YOUTUBER FRIENDS!


No comments: