Monday, August 10, 2009

SKY SAXON Quote on Life (In Memorial!)

“Well, I think you could retire when you die. I don't, however, believe in death, so I guess I will retire when I leave my body. But I plan to continue writing and performing in heaven”

Sky Saxon March 2009


I worked in the studio with Sky, who's my age, at a point in my career. (There's a bit about him in our book.) He was a unique individual. I love this quote by Sky, who was one of the first real " California Hippies" that this ol Rockabilly star ever met.

This quote is from one of the web sites that features Sky, http://www.skysunlightsaxon.com/ at but we're linking to his official site by clicking on the title above which announces this memorial service.

Sky Sunlight Saxon Memorial

Kenny Roland Detroit is hosting this memorial featuring the band he had with Sky Sunlight Saxon's, Flights w/Djin Aquarian from Yahowa 13. Also performing are The Lottery w/St. Jermain, Dick Peddicord Band from Blue Cheer.

The Top Shelf
2151 Market Street Redding, California
Aug 28, 2009
6:00pm - closing

No comments: