Tuesday, August 25, 2009

MARCH 1958 MOVIELAND MAGAZINE ELVIS LONELY?

This is the magazine that my father saw on a news stand in Winston Salem and paging through it, he saw the article on me, called "Crashing the Fame Barrier."

I was in great company:

Elvis Presley "Lonely Elvis Presley Needs Your Help."

Ricky Nelson "Are You The Girl Ricky Nelson Wants To Date?."

Debbie Reynolds "Why Debbie Has That Happy Feeling."

Dean Stockwell "Dean Stockwell's Frankest Interview".
Ava Gardner "Ava's Secret Love Affairs."

Natalie Wood & Bob Wagner "A Ring For Natalie."

Frank Sinatra & Lauren Bacall "A Warm Glow."


Dad went around the neighborhood showing people my picture and if to that point he had doubts about my actor-singer career, he put them aside and got fully behind me. That meant so much to me.

I miss my Dad.

But Elvis, lonely ??? Not at this point. He had no time to be lonely.
It was girls, girls, girls...


No comments: