Thursday, February 19, 2009

(235) "YOU'RE DRIVING ME OUT OF YOUR MIND!" PETE TAMBUMGA

"You're driving me out of your mind," was just one TAMBUNGAISM invented by my good friend Pete Tambunga. He was one of the first friends I made when I moved to Hollywood in the early 1960's. Pete worked for Decca Records in their plant in Santa Monica - the shipping department. But this was the start of a great career in the music business for Pete as a record promoter. He'd eventually work for the record company that signed me as their first act, United Artists!

Pete's sense of humor was based in "Reverse Psychology." Today I miss him greatly and continue to use his jokes, just as the great radio DJ Gary Owens did on the air.

Some months ago we put the call out for Pete Tambunga. If Pete or anyone else knows Pete's whereabouts, please e-mail us at:

wewritethebook@yahoo.com!

Wes

No comments: