Sunday, May 25, 2008

ME AND THE MOVIES - IN RESPONSE TO COMMENTS SENT

Friends, Thank You for sending comments and questions to me and Christine about my acting career. Let's try and let this blog answer some of those.

If you read from the beginning of this blog, you know that I was given a tremendous opportunity to be an actor early on. Then, well... The details of what happened with my acting career are in my unpublished memoir and might even shock you, but my focus became my music career.

This blog is focusing on my life in music because ultimately that is where I went when I followed my own North Star. Still, I feel that I learned so much about life being in New York young, studying acting and James Dean, and being part of a generation who emerged into the 1960's at a time when technology was advancing rapidly, allowing us to perform live on radio and television, moving from black and white to color, and, more than anything, living through changes in social attitudes and conditions that were reflected in music.

We posted a comment someone sent in that said this:

"The United States of America, that you grew up in, is rapidly falling apart. God bless you and your generation that lived and thrived in a country unique in human history. I am so sorry to see the rapid demise of a democracy that stood alone for such a brief moment in world history. Never again, in our brief life time, will we see a time when a young man from North Carolina could rise from the masses to follow a dream that all humankind shares. God bless you, Wes Bryan."

Now I appreciated the God Bless, but actually both Christine and I have more hope than this person. We still think that common people have a chance to rise up from their beginnings and become famous or at least have a great career. We know it happens all the time even if it is a rare thing and it happens more in this great United States of America than anywhere else in the world because here you don't necessarily live the life you were born into.

How much is anyone's fate we don't know. We know that hard work alone won't do it, though hard work is necessary. It is always fascinating, if not downright mystifying, to see how some idea takes hold and spreads, how trends come and go. So we want to encourage you all to know what it is you want out of life and then try your damnedest to make that happen!
You never know if you don't try...

Wes and Christine

No comments: