Thursday, October 3, 2013

GRAMMY MUSEUM - THE RINGO PEACE AND LOVE SHOW



Christine here!

Recently went to the GRAMMY MUSEUM, lured by the Ringo show.  The Museum has had shows focusing on John Lennon and George Harrison in the past, which I missed.  This video shows some of the exhibits that include clothing and costumes worn my Ringo, a replica of the Sergeant Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band drum, various drum kits Ringo played, and lots of memorabilia, including a wall of Ringo Albums and a wall of Beatles Albums (I think I have them all!)

There is an old early 1960's television console playing black and white Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show with a early 1960's sofa in front of it. I lingered in the area and I have to say, all around the exhibit people were smiling.  There was a happiness in the air.  I was reminded that the Beatles and maybe especially Ringo had a great sense of humor in their day, and I kept thinking "Ringo is the one who kept a friendship going with all of them, even when the others were not getting along."

At the same time the Museum has a JOHN FOGERTY and CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL SHOW.  Wes is a John Fogerty fan!  The emphasis here was on roots music, and the American South.

GRAMMY MUSEUM ORG SITE link here.

The museum was crowded.  It was full of people from all races  various ethnicities, young and old.  It's very hands-on and very much about SOUND as well as the visuals.

This visit, I spent time in the ARCHIVE.  That's where there are videos to watch of special Interviews and Performances that were featured at the Grammy Museum.  I watched some of Gordon Lightfoot (one of my favorites) and some of Michelle Phillips.

The Grammy Museum is a great place to visit and as things are in Los Angeles, with music appreciation classes and classes in the arts in public schools unfunded, field trips to this museum may be it for the school children!

No comments: