Thursday, August 8, 2013

(476) BUDDY KNOX BY BRUNO OF HOLLYWOOD




HERE'S BUDDY in HOLLYWOOD

I went on tour with Buddy for a couple years and he made the introductions that got me onto Roulette Records where he was signed. Eventually we made our way to Hollywood, after playing in in the lower 48 states... or was that 47? Well, we didn't play in Utah though I got some press in Utah, and we didn't play in Hawaii, though we wanted to. Elvis loved Hawaii and we all wrote or sang songs with the Hawaiian theme.

Sometimes while on tour Buddy would go off and play with Jimmy Bowen, who he'd had the Rhythm Orchids with, and sometimes I went off to play with Jimmy, who was instrumental in my early career.

I also had my photo taken by Bruno of Hollywood. He was the photographer to go see when you came to Hollywood. So far that picture hasn't made the e-Bay auctions like some of the pictures that my manager took of me when I was at United Artists have. Most of the pictures that hit e-Bay of me were sent out in press kits.


(Want to know more about Buddy or Jimmy?  Check out that Google Search feature embedded in this blog!) 

No comments: