Thursday, July 18, 2013

Can You Help? ERSEL HICKEY ESTATE HEIRS?

In November 2012 we got a message from someone identifying themselves as ROYALTY PHOENIX who said that BMI is looking for heirs to the ERSEL HICKEY ESTATE.

Since we've posted a lot on Ersel, who was a friend of Wes's from his New York City days, it made sense that someone would contact us but ROYALTYPHOENIX didn't say how she knew or how to get in touch with her.  I called BMI in Los Angeles over the holidays and talked to a nice person or two, but was told I should call New York. 

What I wanted to tell New York was that I remember reading a YOUTUBE comment on an Ersel Hickey music video from a woman who called Ersel "UNCLE ERSEL." If this woman was really his niece then she could be the link to his estate, or maybe even an heir.  Now I can't find that particular comment/video.  I decided to post on many of the current Ersel Hickey YouTube videos to put the word out.  On one of them someone also claimed to be a great nephew - four years ago!

So I'm trying to track down a person in Ersel's family with your help.  I'm doing so because I know that Wes thinks so highly of Ersel and I wouldn't want anyone who is deserving of Ersel's royalty/intellectual property money to loose out! 

We have our Comments turned on and Information you leave will not appear on the Internet for the world to see.  If you know something about this you can feel secure that we will not publish your phone number, e-mail, or identifying information.  If you think you may be an heir please call BMI New York.

No comments: