Monday, October 17, 2011

(395) READERS OPINIONS! WHEN DO YOU BECOME A CLASSIC?

Christine Trzyna here!

I've been thrift shopping. You see I have a collection that I try to add to this time of the year.

There's this one particular owner-operated (not a charity) thrift store that has the very best deals so I've been going there frequently. I noticed that every Saturday this owner-operator plays the Beatles, one album after another. I imagine this has been the case for years, that he is a total Beatles fan, and that the ambiance of that music has actually helped his sales over time, though I also note, that the majority of the shoppers seem to be Spanish speaking - Hispanic.

During the week, however, what's playing is Classic Hits of the 1950's.

So I was thinking about this notion of Classic.


When does a musical artist become a Classic?

WHAT'S YOUR OPINION?

No comments: