Wednesday, May 4, 2011

(357) WES BRYAN TAKES A QUESTION : DID YOU COVER OTHER SONGWRITER'S SONGS ?

Yes, I did cover other songwriter's songs. I did so live while on tour in addition to the songs I recorded. I also did so in the studios for presentation but also for fun.

First of all, part of the singer-songwriter scene was sharing songs. We sometimes did demo records of other people's songs in the studios because we decided that my voice was a better fit for the song. I actually recorded a few songs that Elvis also performed in the studio for fun.

When I was on tour with Buddy Knox I covered a lot of the rock and roll hits of those days, also playing my own guitar. I covered a song Gene Vincent wrote and made famous, Be Bop A Lula, and the song Buddy Knox wrote for Jimmy Bowen, "I'm Sitckin With You." (Which Jimmy recorded on Roulette and got a Gold Record for.)

Wes

No comments: