Friday, December 3, 2010

SMOKEY BLUE EYES by ROY STERNHAGEN (DAVID HOUSTON ALSO RECORDED THIS ONE!)

Friends, Roy Sternhagen honored me by recording this song not once but three times and putting it up on YouTube which is where we met. An artist who had an album out named David Houston recorded this one.

ROY STERNHAGEN reminds me so much of the musicians that I grew up around in the Smokey Mountains, listening to him is like going home again. And I always think of home at THANKSGIVING. This year, though our country continues in terrible economic times, we as Americans still have so much to be thankful for.

I am thankful for my family and old friends and new friends like Roy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This blog post is one great honor and I appreciate the comment and only hope I did Wes and his song justice. I have always enjoyed singing this song and was totally mesmerized by it the first time I heard it. Thank you Wes for a fantastic composition. May you recieve a special blessing during this Christmas Season. Roy