Thursday, July 1, 2010

PAM MURPHY - ANGEL TO THE VETERANS

PAM MURPHY was a friend to all the veterans who came through the Veterans Hospital in Los Angeles. I recently had my routine check up and as usual, I was hoping to talk to Pam. It was another sadness for me to learn that another friend of mine had passed on. I guess that's the inevitable hazard of getting older yourself.

Pam was the widow of AUDI MURPHY, the most decorated soldier in World War II, a war hero. (You can link to the Veteran's Today article about her here!) and as I understand it, she started as a volunteer and then was given a job of her own, which she performed for years with a smile. Word got out that if you wanted to get through the bureaucracy down there faster, let Pam help you.

Growing up AUDI MURPHY was one of my heroes. I was surprised and pleased to learn, when Christine did my genealogy, that he and I share a great great great grandfather! I told Pam about it, and she thought it was funny. God is surely blessing Pam for all the work she did to help our soldiers.

No comments: