Wednesday, July 22, 2009

WAIT FOR ME BABY THE ORIGINAL ACETATE




There's an e-bay auction up for a demo copy, of "Wait For Me Baby" and "Freeze," including United Artists wrapper, right now. The bid is $20. Now I recorded this at Bell Sound in New York City, one of the popular studios at the time, and the same place where my friend Frankie Avalon recorded many of his, including his hit "Venus."

I was on Dick Clark American Bandstand singing "Freeze," which began a new dance craze, which Dick introduced on that show, and I sure would love to know if a Kinescope of the show exists.

But what I want to tell collectors, is that the ORIGINAL recording of "Wait For Me Baby," is possibly still out there somewhere on the original acetate and on it, I sang the song differently. In fact I think this original might have made for a better record.



No comments: