Monday, November 17, 2008

(212) WHAT CLUB ARE WE GOING TO TONIGHT ?

"What club are we going to tonight?"

My friends seemed to go out to a club most every night, either looking for girls, or on dates, mostly in Hollywood, sometimes in the San Fernando Valley. Clubbing was the thing to do.

Now the truth is, I wasn't as much into clubbing as many of my friends were. First of all I had been the entertainment in a heck of a lot of clubs myself. You could say that I'd had my fill of clubbing. Like Elvis Presley I barely drank in comparison to some of them.
Also like Elvis Presley I like to retreat and have private time.

If you've ever had to perform you know that even when you have complete confidence in yourself things can get out of control or go wrong despite your best efforts. A performer needs the support of his fellow performers, and so for this reason more than any other I went clubbing.

I always found more quiet moments to be with the music outside of the music business when I found that retreat... And I still do... Just me and my guitar...

No comments: