Wednesday, October 8, 2008

WES BRYAN - COOL MAGAZINE






Here's one of the magazines I was mentioned in back in March of 1958 as the New James Dean. It had an article about James "Jimmy" Dean as well. (That's another fellow on the cover - another hipster!) The comparisons of me and James Dean went on and on. More than one man hoped to fill those big shoes James Dean left but I was the one with United Artists behind me. I was being groomed by United Artists to play Jimmy in a "Bio Pic" about his life, which was never meant to be. But about this time in New York I met the great actor Paul Newman. He said to me, "There's a great need to fill James Dean's shoes and you're it!




Oh - that's Ronnie Burns on the cover... Guess who his dad was? George Burns. That's right. George who gave Ann-Margret her start in Las Vegas! If I remember the photo spread inside, it had Ronnie at home pool side with a lot of sexy girls sitting around him...

No comments: