Saturday, September 13, 2008

(185) BILLY LEE RILEY AND HIS LITTLE GREEN MEN

Thinking about Jerry Reed, I got to thinking about another Southern musician who made it in Hollywood, Billy Lee Riley, who was also an original Sun label artist as well and who did a bit of harmonica playing for me when I was producing records. Billy Lee, in the spirit of space exploration we've been talking about as well as the spirit of my song "Tiny Spaceman," had a band called Billy Riley and His Little Green Men back in 1957. They had a song called "Flying Saucers Rock and Roll."

Linking to a Discography for Billy Lee Riley. He's got a
Rockin Country Style page, just like me and a lot of other early Rockabilly artists. (We love RCS Discography!)

RCS DISCOGRAPHY on BILLY LEE RILEY  updated April 2014

No comments: