Tuesday, January 8, 2008

(97) 2008 A NEW YEAR and a NEW ERA IN MY LIFE - THE PARTY YEARS

Friends, Christine and I are working on that slide show presentation, a new thing, but with a few gliches for us. As soon as we have the new one up and running we will delete the one that's presently at December 28th 2007.

It's early January 2008, and we are taking our story of my life in music through what I'll call The Party Years because through the early 1960's whenever Elvis was filming in Los Angeles, I was a regular at his private parties at his home in Bel Air.

Elvis attended almost no parties thrown by other celebrities. He did invite many co-stars to his parties but he like to be the host and have that control.

During the years that I attended Elvis' parties I never saw or knew of any illegal drug use. Elvis most often walked around with a glass of water or soda. He rarely drank and I rarely saw him get pie-eyed. His living room was like Grand Central Station.

People told jokes, had serious discussions - sometimes Elvis spoke about Jesus - and we danced, laughed, played and listened to music. Practical jokes were especially appreciated by Elvis, his men, his friends. I was honored to be there.


The Party Years with Elvis and his friends were some of the best of my life.

No comments: